Originally designed as a pleasure ground for guests staying at the Manor, the gardens are now enjoyed by visitors for their beauty and calm.
Please note: to undertake replacement of a window on the south side of the Manor, we’ve erected some scaffolding. It means some myosotis bedding has been removed and will remain empty for a short time. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Glimpse the gardens on film
The gardens were the vision of Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild, who created the Manor at the end of the 19th century. What began as a bare hill in 1874, is now an exceptional example of Victorian horticulture including formal gardens, trees and walks.
Watch this short video to see highlights throughout the changing of the seasons.
On arrival buy one of our doubled-sided illustrated maps. On one side a mindfulness map designed by artist Bek Cruddace highlights peaceful spots, and on the other a dog map designed by artist Debbie Ryder, points out all the key areas to enjoy with your dog.
£2 from the Welcome Pavilion