At Waddesdon Manor we are committed to providing an accessible attraction for all, and try to ensure everyone can enjoy their visit while with us. Accompanying Carers receive free entry.
For any additional support for your visit please email [email protected] or call us on 01296 820414.
For full accessibility details please see our downloadable guides below.
Pick up for free on your arrival
Something that can be enjoyed by everyone, the sensory map explores nature through senses such as touch, smell, sound and sight. The map unlocks Waddesdon’s landscapes and corners of the grounds that you may not have previously explored using Widgit symbols to make it visually accessible for all.
Accessibility at a glance
- accessible toilet on arrival at the welcome pavilion and car park, at the house via a tunnel walkway and at the Stables
- changing places toilet at the house, access through the Manor shop
- indoor and outdoor wheelchairs available for use, on a first come, first served basis
- platform lift enables entry via the main entrance of the house. Once inside the building there’s step free access and a lift to the first floor
- large print information available in most rooms
- some rooms inside the house have low levels of lighting
- handling collection available for visually impaired visitors, needs to be booked in advance
- walking frames are allowed in the house
- if you’re visiting the house, all large bags must be left at Visitor Information located near the Manor entrance, where it will be tagged and available to collect at the end of your house visit
- some walkways through the rooms are quite narrow, so carry chairs and seat sticks are not allowed
- we have steep and uneven paths on the way to the Stables and down to the Dairy. The boardwalk through the woodland playground and the pedestrian path from the Powerhouse to the Stables are steep in places
- accompanying carers receive free entry to the house and garden
My Waddesdon Checklist
Download our Waddesdon Checklist in advance of your visit. Cut out pictures of what you would like to see or do and then fill in your checklist once you have done them.
We’re committed to providing a website that adheres to strict web accessibility standards and is accessible to the widest possible audience.
We hope you’ve found all the information you need in relation to accessibility. If you have any questions, or would like to contact us in advance of your visit, please call 01296 820414 or email [email protected]