We're launching Waddesdon Pathways, a brand new internship programme at Waddesdon.
Applications are now closed for the 2023 pathways programme.
If you are passionate about developing a career in heritage, have a positive, resourceful outlook and are ready to join an inspiring organisation, then we want to hear from you! The programme is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
As part of the Waddesdon Pathways internship programme you will…
- Be encouraged to try new things and be part of a complex, challenging and creative organisation at the Rothschild Foundation.
- Gain unparalleled experience across several departments and develop new skills throughout the programme, understanding the breadth of what it takes to work for and manage a top heritage visitor attraction.
- Work in a beautiful setting, in acres of stunning parkland, and have access to our extensive staff events programme, wellbeing sessions, staff discounts/benefits and further training opportunities.
- Live in on-site accommodation on the Estate for the duration of your traineeship.
- Receive a Living Wage salary for the duration of your traineeship.
- Receive 1-1 mentoring and group support throughout the programme.
Internship role profiles
At Waddesdon we welcome diversity, inclusion, and equality in all that we do. We are committed to developing an inclusive recruitment programme with fantastic opportunities to cultivate passion and skills for the future in the heritage sector. We believe we have something for everyone here, no matter your background, experience, or qualifications. We have careers in housekeeping, hospitality, facilities, gardening, hotel management, events, collections management, marketing, conservation, property management and many more!
The pioneering Pathways scheme is a great starting point to develop the skills needed for your future, and for the future of heritage. We believe people are at the heart of our organisation and we want to create a sustainable legacy, investing in our staff, our community, the local area and Waddesdon itself.
You do not need any specific qualifications for this Traineeship, although we do look for core GCSE passes. We want to know about your interests, what you are passionate about, what makes you tick, your natural talents, goals and your values.
If you are interested in this programme, want to know more or would like to be on our expression of interest list, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you when applications open.
Applications open in June 2023
My six months at Waddesdon has confirmed my desire to pursue a Marketing career within a similar heritage institution, and has given me the skills I need to attain this.Caledonia Quigley, Marketing & Communications Intern
By combining the delivery of activities with office tasks, this internship has helped me to better understand what it means to be an educator in the heritage sector.Lia Perez, Education & Learning Intern