We’ve lots to keep you and the family entertained during your visit. From our Woodland Playground cut into the side of a hill where you can also hunt for bugs or build a den, to events at weekends and during school holidays.
Winter weekend opening
Spring is in the air
Our playground winds through the trees, making the most of the natural environment. Little ones can play safely at the bottom of the hill, on seesaws, swings and soft bark. At the top is our bird’s nest swing, for those who want a more gentle play. Older children can whizz down our giant contour slide or clamber over the climbing frames. Access included in your grounds ticket.
Outdoor adventures: 50 things
Join the National Trust’s outdoor challenge and complete 50 different activities across lots of properties. Pick up a free 50 things leaflet from our Welcome Pavilion and start ticking off your adventures. At Waddesdon you can do No.4 build a den, No.31 hunt for bugs, No.6 run around in the rain, No.12 make a trail with sticks, No.33 catch a falling leaf, No.34 track wild animals, and more.
Information for grown-ups
- Baby-changing and feeding facilities can be found at the Stables and Manor house.
- Front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats are available at the house entrance free of charge.
- High-chairs are available at both the Stables Café and Manor Restaurant.
- Find a warm place to feed the baby and sit down in the Powerhouse by the Manor Shop.
- Our shuttle buses have space for up to five unfolded pushchairs.
- Prams and pushchairs are not allowed in the house as the visitor route is narrow and they may inadvertantly cause damage.
- For safety reasons children may not be carried on your shoulders during your house visit.
- Under fives can bring small bicycles into the grounds but please keep to the pathways. These can be taken on our visitor shuttle buses.
Please note: the house and Manor Restaurant are closed until 22 March.
Where to eat & shop
Perfect for little ones and mums and dads, right next to the Woodland Playground, the Stables Café has an open courtyard with plenty of seating. Serving hot drinks, snacks, lunches and afternoon tea. The ideal place to refuel before your next playtime.