Visitors with visual impairments
Information for our visitors with visual impairments. Accompanying Carers receive free entry to the House & Grounds.
For any additional support for your visit please email email@example.com or call us on 01296 820414.
- car park – our 1,000 space car park has dedicated places for Blue Badge Holders
- carers – accompanying carers receive free entry
- toilet facilities – there are toilet facilities, including an accessible toilet at the Welcome Pavilion
- shuttle bus – we have a regular free shuttle bus which runs from the car park to the North Fountain, returning via the Stables and back to the car park
- assistance dogs are welcomed in the grounds, house, shops and catering outlets and on shuttle buses
- dog water bowls can be found at the Stables, but please ask a member of staff if your dog needs water in other areas of the grounds. Waste bins are located in the gardens
If you have a timed ticket for the House we suggest you allow at least 30 minutes for parking and bus transfer prior to your timed entry.
- toilet facilities – there are toilets located at both the Manor and the Stables including a changing places toilet, accessed through the Manor shop*
- large print information available in most rooms
- lighting – some rooms in the House have low levels of lighting
- large bags – when visiting the House, any large bags must be kept with visitors at all times
- seated areas – there are chairs available in most rooms, please ask a member of staff to point them out if needed. Some of the walkways are quite narrow, and to avoid congestion we don’t allow carry chairs or seat sticks to be used inside the house
* From January to March, access to the facility can be arranged upon request. Please notify a member of staff of your requirement upon arrival so we can organise this for you.
- steep paths – you’ll find steep and uneven paths on the way to the Stables and down to the Dairy. The boardwalk through the Woodland Playground and the path from the Powerhouse to the Stables are steep in places so may be unsuitable for some mobility requirements. We advise you use our shuttle bus from the fountain to the Stables
- reflect and roam sensory map – download before your visit or use the online trail. Something that can be enjoyed by everyone, the sensory map explores nature through senses such as touch, smell, sound and sight. The map unlocks Waddesdon’s landscapes and corners of the grounds that you may not have previously explored using Widgit symbols to make it visually accessible for all.
Read more in our blog>