Accessibility for families
At Waddesdon Manor we are committed to providing an accessible attraction for all, and try to ensure everyone can enjoy their visit while with us. Accompanying carers receive free entry.
- car park – we have a 1,000 space visitor car park with designated family spaces
- toilet facilities – there are toilet facilities, including an accessible toilet at the Welcome Pavilion
- shuttle bus – there is a regular free shuttle bus service which is fully accessible and has spaces for up to five unfolded pushchairs.
- bicycles – under fives can bring small bicycles into the grounds but please keep to the pathways
- pathway to the manor – the woodchip pathway which takes you from the car park is not suitable for pushchairs due to the surface
- mobility bus – the House is a short walk of 100m on a flat surface from the North Fountain. If you’re unable to make this walk, a smaller mobility bus can transfer you to the front of the House
- assistance dogs are welcomed in the grounds, house, shops and catering outlets and on shuttle buses
If you have a timed ticket for the House we suggest you allow at least 20 minutes for parking and bus transfer prior to your timed entry.
- toilet facilities – there are toilets located at both the Manor and the Stables including a changing places toilet, accessed through the Manor shop*
- baby-changing & feeding – there are baby-changing and feeding facilities at the Manor and the Stables
- prams & pushchairs are not allowed in the house, however there are front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats are available at the House entrance free of charge
- multimedia guide – handsets with multimedia house tour guides are available to hire at Visitor Information for £3 per handset
- large bags – if you’re visiting the House, all large bags must be left at Visitor Information located near the Manor entrance, where it will be tagged and available to collect at the end of your house visit
- seated areas – there are chairs available in most rooms, please ask a member of staff to point them out if needed. Some of the walkways are quite narrow, and to avoid congestion we don’t allow carry chairs or seat sticks to be used inside the house
*From January to March, access to the changing places facility can be arranged upon request. Please notify a member of staff of your requirement upon arrival so we can organise this for you.
Feeding or changing a baby inside the House
Our collection is fragile, with many historic textiles that are vulnerable to any accidental spillage of food or liquids including water. However, there are areas around the House which are less sensitive where you can feed your baby. Please ask a member of the house team for assistance. We also have private facilities on the ground floor of the house for baby feeding should parents wish to use it.
- steep paths – you’ll find steep and uneven paths on the way to the Stables and down to the Dairy. The boardwalk through the Woodland Playground and the path from the Powerhouse to the Stables are steep in places so may be unsuitable for some mobility requirements. We advise you use our shuttle bus from the fountain to the Stables
- Woodland Playground – our Woodland Playground winds through the trees and is suitable for little ones as well as older children. Access is included in your grounds ticket. Discover the playground>
- reflect and roam sensory map – pick one up for free on arrival. Something that can be enjoyed by everyone, the sensory map explores nature through senses such as touch, smell, sound and sight. The map unlocks Waddesdon’s landscapes and corners of the grounds that you may not have previously explored using Widgit symbols to make it visually accessible for all.
Read more in our blog>
Food and drink
- places to eat – there are three main eateries for you to choose from, the Manor Restaurant, the Treaterie and the Stables Café as well as three food to go outlets
- high-chairs are available at both the Stables Café and the Manor Restaurant
- baby food & bottles – we are happy to heat up baby food and provide hot water for bottle warming on request in all outlets