Rainy day activities
Don't let the rain stop you from visiting and having fun, we've lots to keep you occupied until the sun starts to shine. Enjoy varied children's activities, see exhibitions in the coach house or visit our new Treaterie at the Stables and treat yourself to a freshly made waffle or crêpe.
Things to see & do indoors on your visit
Visiting with kids
Information for grown-ups
- Baby-changing and feeding facilities can be found at the Manor and Stables.
- Bottle feeding is not permitted in the house due to the delicate nature of our textile collection. Please ask for details of our designated baby feeding facilities. Breast feeding is welcomed anywhere on site.
- High-chairs are available at both the Stables Café and Manor Restaurant.
- Undercover seating at the Stables Café and at The Treaterie
- Indoor, heated space in the Powerhouse by the Manor Shop, to eat, drink and get out of the cold
- Front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats are available at the house entrance free of charge.
- Our shuttle buses have space for up to five unfolded pushchairs.
- Prams and pushchairs are not allowed in the house as the visitor route is narrow and they may inadvertantly cause damage.
- For safety reasons children may not be carried on your shoulders during your house visit.
- Under fives can bring small bicycles into the grounds but please keep to the pathways. There can be taken on our visitor shuttle buses.
Brave the elements, bring your wellies and brollies as there’s plenty to see and do in the grounds. Kids can take part in the 50 Things nature challenge and tick off no. 6 to run around in the rain.
Places to eat and shop
The Stables Café is a short walk from the Manor, next to the Woodland Playground. With inside seating if you’re using the restaurant and an open courtyard with umbrellas if you wish to eat outside. An ideal place to refuel before your next playtime.