Rainy day activities
Don't let the rain stop you from visiting and having fun at Waddesdon. We've lots to keep you occupied until the sun starts to shine, with exhibitions, varied children's activities, and plenty of space to run around in.
Activities for adults
Brave the elements, bring your wellies and brollies as there’s plenty to see and do in the grounds. Kids can take part in the 50 Things nature challenge and tick off no. 6 to run around in the rain.
Information for grown-ups
- we have a woodchip pathway which takes you to and from the car park and because of the surface it is not suitable for pushchairs, wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
- baby-changing and feeding facilities can be found at the Manor and Stables
- a changing places facility can be found in the Manor, access via the Manor shop. During Jan-Mar access to the facility can be arranged upon request. Please notify a member of staff of your requirement upon arrival so we can organise this for you.
- high-chairs are available at both the Stables Café and Manor Restaurant
- undercover seating at the Stables Café
- indoor, heated space in the Powerhouse by the Manor Shop, to eat, drink and get out of the cold
- front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats are available at the house entrance free of charge
- our shuttle buses have space for up to five unfolded pushchairs
- prams and pushchairs are not allowed in the house as the visitor route is narrow and they may inadvertently cause damage
- for safety reasons children may not be carried on your shoulders during your house visit
- under fives can bring small bicycles into the grounds but please keep to the pathways. These can be taken on our visitor shuttle buses
Feeding or changing a baby inside the house
- our collection is fragile, with many historic textiles that are vulnerable to any accidental spillage of food or liquids including water. However, there are areas around the House which are less sensitive where you can feed your baby. Please ask a member of the house team for assistance. We also have private facilities on the ground floor of the house for baby feeding should parents wish to use it.
Take a break from rainy weather and enjoy delicious food in one of our many places to eat with indoor seating.
Open 10am-4pm, Sat-Sun, 5 Jan – 24 Mar 2019
Near to the Woodland Playground, just a short walk from the Manor, the Stables Café is informal and ideal for families. You can choose to sit indoors in our light and airy space, or brave the winter weather and eat outdoors in the Courtyard, snuggled under warm blankets and sheepskin rugs.
Open 10am-5pm from Wed 27 Mar-Sun 3 Nov 2019
The perfect place for a treat. A child friendly space located in the Stables courtyard with a light, airy decor and plenty of inside seating. With hot snacks and indulgent ice creams, cakes and pastries.