Rainy day activities
Don't let the rain stop you from visiting and having fun at Waddesdon. We've lots to keep you occupied until the sun starts to shine, with exhibitions, varied children's activities, and plenty of space to run around in.
Activities for adults
10am-4pm, Wed-Sun, 1 Feb – 22 Mar 2020
Brave the elements, bring your wellies and brollies as there’s plenty to see and do in the grounds. Kids can take part in the 50 Things nature challenge and tick off no. 6 to run around in the rain.
Information for grown-ups
- a woodchip pathway takes you to and from the car park and because of the surface it’s not suitable for pushchairs, wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
- baby-changing and feeding facilities can be found at the Manor and Stables
- a changing places facility can be found in the Manor, access via the Manor shop. During Feb-Mar access to the facility can be arranged upon request. Please notify a member of staff upon arrival so we can organise this for you.
- high-chairs are available in our restaurants
- undercover seating at the Stables Café
- front-carrying baby slings/hip-carrying infant seats available at the house entrance free of charge
- shuttle buses have space for up to five unfolded pushchairs
- prams and pushchairs are not allowed
- for safety reasons children may not be carried on your shoulders during your house visit
- u5’s can bring small bicycles into the grounds, please keep to the pathways. May be taken on the shuttle bus
Feeding or changing a baby inside the house
- our collection is fragile, with many historic textiles that are vulnerable to any accidental spillage of food or liquids including water. However, there are areas around the House which are less sensitive where you can feed your baby. Please ask a member of the house team for assistance. We also have private facilities on the ground floor of the house for baby feeding should parents wish to use it.
Take a break from rainy weather and enjoy delicious food in one of our many places to eat with indoor seating.