Wine at Waddesdon
A perfect destination for lovers of wine. See one of the largest collections of Château Lafite Rothschild wines outside France. Take a free tour of the cellars. Taste Rothschild wines and guest wines in the shop. Marvel at wine inspired works of art. Enjoy fine food and wine events held throughout the year.
The story of Wine at Waddesdon
Wine has always played an important role at Waddesdon. From the purchase of Château Lafite in 1868 by Baron James de Rothschild to the present Lord Rothschild’s private collection in the cellar. Today you’ll find a carefully curated offer of Rothschild wines online with tasting notes and gift box recommendations.
Make wine the focus of your day
- 10am: explore the wine cellars, free with your grounds ticket
- 11.30am & 2pm Wed-Sun each week: have a guide bring the cellars to life with this free 20 minute talk
- 1pm: enjoy lunch in the Manor Restaurant and try Rothschild wines by the glass
- 2.30pm: try before you buy with free daily tastings or try fine Rothschild wines in 50ml pours (from £5.95) with our Rothschild wine experts
- 3pm: select from 126 Rothschild wines to drink at home or gift
- 3.30pm: be amazed by the giant Lafite sculptures by Joana Vasconcelos outside the Manor