Eythrope Parkland Tour
Wed 14 – Fri 16 Feb & Wed 21 – Fri 23 Feb, 2024
10.15am prompt departure by shuttle bus from the visitor car park
Enjoy a tour of the private parkland at Eythrope this February.
The woodland garden at Eythrope was developed from informal pleasure grounds, adjoining the artificial lake. Laid out for Sir William Stanhope in the mid-18th century, the lake and many of the trees predate Alice de Rothschild’s ownership of Eythrope. Alice made improvements to the garden, adding the boathouse, ornamental rock work and influencing the planting schemes including the Snowdrops. More recently spring bulbs and winter flowering shrubs have been added to create a truly inspiring winter walk.
Visits to this private parkland and woodland garden are accompanied by Eythrope’s garden guides and last approximately 60 minutes. Following your tour enjoy a delicious two course lunch in the Manor Restaurant, at Waddesdon Manor. You will also get grounds admission to Waddesdon included in your ticket.
- Tickets £50, all bookings are for adults only
- Discounts available for RHS members, to book tickets with an RHS discount email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your ticket includes entry to the private gardens at Eythrope, two course lunch at the Manor Restaurant and entry to the gardens at Waddesdon
- If you have a dietary requirement for vegetarian, vegan, gluten, dairy or nut-free refreshments, please indicate this in your booking before you pay for your tickets
- This is an outdoor tour, please come prepared for all weather as you will be outside for the duration of the tour. Please wear appropriate footwear for muddy and uneven ground, unfortunately, it is not suitable for wheelchairs in winter months
- Due to its remote location, all visitors will be transported to Eythrope from Waddesdon’s main visitor car park by shuttle bus
- Visitors must arrive at Waddesdon visitor car park at least 15 minutes before our bus leaves for Eythrope at 10.15am. Please arrive promptly, latecomers cannot be admitted
- There are toilet facilities at the Welcome Pavilion near the visitor car park
- At the end of your tour you will be taken by bus into the grounds of Waddesdon, where it is a short walk to the Manor Restaurant.
- Visitors may enjoy the gardens at the Manor until 4pm, last admission into the grounds is at 3pm – shuttle buses run from the visitor car park or it is a 20-25 minute walk with some steep sections
- Please retain your ticket in order to have free use of the shuttle bus back to the car park
Did you know…
Translating to ‘milk white flower’, Eythrope’s gardens have an extensive collection of snowdrops with over 70 different types. Keep your eyes peeled for these delicate spring bulbs near the Walled Garden and also naturalised in drifts beneath the canopies of majestic trees in the parkland and woodland garden.