Sat 26 May – Sun 3 June 2018
10.30am-4.30pm, with music playing from 11am-3.30pm
During spring 2018 an extraordinary experience of colour and light lands again on the Waddesdon lawns. A brand-new Colourscape with long sensational views will be installed on the Aviary glade.
By popular demand we bring Colourscape back to Waddesdon with a brand-new structure created specially to exactly fit the Aviary glade. Long views of intense colour and light stretch out – the longest view ever created in Colourscape will appear in the ‘Aviary Colourscape’. Enter a new world where you can explore intense light, colour and space in 56 interlinked chambers and encounter unusual musical experiences during your journey.
Each day there will be different music and dance performances – resident musician, Michael Ormiston creates family-friendly free-flowing workshops for all on weekdays and at weekends we present Hurdy-Gurdy, panpipes, dance, flutes from around the world and a spectacular theatre-piece with dance and acoustic costumes.
Returning to Waddesdon for its fourth year, Colourscape is for visitors of all ages and promises an experience you will not forget.
Important things to know:
- Pay on the day for entry into Colourscape.
- Also open Bank Holiday Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 May.
- Maximum capacity of 80 visitors at any one time.
- Admission up to 30 minutes.
- There may be a queue at busy times.
- This is an event run by an external company and it is not a timed ticket event.
- Pushchairs are not allowed inside Colourscape, please park them outside and collect when you’ve been through.
- Please check Facebook and Twitter for real time updates on the weather and capacity.