Sat 23 May–Sun 31 May 2020
10.30am-4.30pm, with music playing from 11am-3.30pm
Please note that last entry for Colourscape is 4pmGrounds
During spring 2020 an extraordinary experience of colour and light lands again on the Waddesdon lawns. A Colourscape with long sensational views will be installed on the Aviary glade.
By popular demand we bring Colourscape back to Waddesdon with a structure created specially to exactly fit the Aviary glade. Long views of intense colour and light stretch out – the longest view ever created in Colourscape will appear in the ‘Aviary Colourscape’. Enter a new world where you can explore intense light, colour and space in 56 interlinked chambers and encounter unusual musical experiences during your journey.
Each day there will be different music and dance performances – resident musician, Michael Ormiston creates family-friendly free-flowing workshops for all on weekdays and at weekends we present Hurdy-Gurdy, panpipes, dance, flutes from around the world and a spectacular theatre-piece with dance and acoustic costumes.
Returning to Waddesdon for its sixth year, Colourscape is for visitors of all ages and promises an experience you will not forget.
Please note: for safety reasons in adverse weather we may have to close Colourscape at short notice.
Important things to know:
- Maximum capacity of 80 visitors at any one time
- Admission up to 30 minutes
- Please note that last entry for Colourscape is 4pm
- Pushchairs are not allowed inside Colourscape, please park them outside and collect when you’ve been through
- Most wheelchairs can be accommodated in Colourscape
- Please check Facebook and Twitter for real time updates on the weather and capacity
- Families with SEN children please make yourself known to the Colourscape staff
- Child ticket applies for ages 0-16 inclusive
SEN schools can visit Colourscape for free. This is fully booked.