Sat 28 May–Sun 5 Jun (inc Mon 30 & Tue 31)
10.30am-4.30pm, last entry 3.50-4pm ticket
With live music 11am-3.30pm, quiet times 10.30-10.50am and 3.30-3.50pm
During spring 2022 an extraordinary experience of colour and light lands again on the Waddesdon lawns. A specially-designed Colourscape with long sensational views will be installed on the Aviary glade.
Immerse yourself in an endless labyrinth of intense light, colour, space and music in 56 interlinked chambers.
By popular demand, we bring Colourscape back to Waddesdon with a structure created especially to exactly fit the Aviary glade. Long views of intense colour and light stretch out – the longest view ever created in Colourscape will appear in the ‘Aviary Colourscape’. Enter a new world where you can explore intense light, colour and space in 56 interlinked chambers and encounter unusual musical experiences during your journey.
Each day there will be different music and dance performances – resident musician, Michael Ormiston creates family-friendly free-flowing workshops for all on weekdays and at weekends we present Hurdy-Gurdy, panpipes, dance and instruments from around the world and a spectacular theatre-piece with dance and costumes.
Returning to Waddesdon for its eighth year, Colourscape is for visitors of all ages and promises an experience you will not forget.
Please note: for safety reasons in adverse weather we may have to close Colourscape at short notice, those with bookings will be contacted by email.
Colourscape is spacious inside and there is ample space for social distancing. We estimate that the fresh air circulating is replaced about every 15 minutes.
Important things to know:
- Tickets may be booked online or on the day of your visit at the Welcome Pavilion
- Admission is for up to 30 minutes in Colourscape
- Please note that the last entry for is at 4pm
- Pushchairs are not allowed inside Colourscape, please park them outside and collect them when you’ve been through
- Most wheelchairs can be accommodated in Colourscape
- Essential carer tickets are available in Quiet Times – 10.30-10.50am and 3.30-3.50pm each day
- Please check Facebook and Twitter for real-time updates on the weather and availability
- Families with SEN children please make yourself known to the Colourscape staff
- Child ticket applies for ages 1-11 inclusive and Infants under-1 year