22 Mar – 5 Nov 2017, Wed-Sun & bank holidays & school holidays
Treat yourself to a sumptuous afternoon tea, with a selection of savoury treats and sweet fancies, served in the historic Manor Restaurant. Make it extra special by adding a glass of Nyetimber English sparkling wine.
Created in-house by Craig, our talented head pâtissier, Afternoon Tea is the perfect way to celebrate your visit to Waddesdon.
Sample traditional afternoon tea menu
Selection of savoury treats:
- Pumpkin and parmesan tart
- Mushroom and bacon tart
- Smoked salmon and egg mayonnaise sandwich
- Chicken caesar croissant
- Venison carpaccio with mango salsa on bruschetta
- Beef, duck and chicken terrine on crispbread with orange confit
Selection of delicious fancies:
- Apple crumble pannacotta
- Pear tartlet bourdaloue*
- Dark chocolate and almond layered brownie*
- Lemon meringue tartlet
- Blackberry macaron*
- Homemade scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream
Served with a selection of Jeeves & Jericho of Oxford teas and the option to add a glass of Nyetimber English sparkling wine, a demi sec with a honeyed lemon nose, creamy palate and a long mineral focused finish. Perfect with afternoon tea!
*contains nuts or may contain nuts
Sample children’s afternoon tea menu
Selection of sandwiches:
- Ham and cheese sandwich on artisan breads
Selection of desserts:
- Raspberry lemonade jelly
- Mini popcorn marshmallow bar
- Strawberry doughnut
- Chocolate cake
- Fresh fruit pot
Served with either Joosed junior blackcurrant and apple, orange and apple of a glass of milk or water.
How to pre-book afternoon tea
Afternoon teas can be pre-booked online for both adults and children.
- Simply select the date you would like to visit
- Choose the number of grounds tickets you require
- ‘Add’ the option to book the Manor Restaurant
- Select a sitting and add the afternoon tea option(s) you require.