Eythrope Garden Tours for Groups
Discover Eythrope, the Rothschild family's private walled garden in Buckinghamshire
Eythrope is a productive garden, supplying vegetables, fruit, herbs and cut flowers for the Rothschild family as well as Waddesdon’s restaurants, hotel and artisan food market. A working garden on this scale is rare in the 21st century and Eythrope is legendary in the garden world for the excellence of the gardening and as a haven for traditional techniques that might otherwise be lost.
Discover the four-acre walled garden, glasshouses and orchard at Eythrope. Visits to this private garden are by guided tour only. Tours last 60-90 minutes and are followed by a delicious meal created in house by our team of chefs.
While at Eythrope, there will be an opportunity to purchase local produce from Eythrope, and copies of Paradise and Plenty, Lady Mary Keen’s companion guide to the garden, lavishly illustrated with photographs by Tom Hatton.
Eythrope Walled Garden tour ( Wed, 17 May- 11 Oct 2023)
Enjoy a 90 minute tour of the four-acre walled garden, glasshouses and orchard at Eythrope before enjoying a scrumptious afternoon tea in our historic Manor Restaurant and exploring the Waddesdon Manor grounds.
1pm- Arrival in visitor car park
1:15pm- Waddesdon bus leaves visitor car park
1:30apm- Tour of Eythrope
3pm- Pick up from Eythrope and transfer to Manor
3:30pm- Afternoon tea in the Manor Restaurant
- To book please contact email@example.com
- If your group booking is between 8 and 29 people, tickets are £45pp.
- If you would like your group to enjoy exclusive access you must book all 30 places on the tour and the price will be £50pp.
- There are no child or concession tickets available.
- If you have a dietary requirements, please indicate this when making your booking.
- Due to its remote location all visitors will be transported to Eythrope from Waddesdon Manor car park by shuttle bus, no coaches may drive their directly. Coaches may be left in Waddesdon’s main visitor car park.
- Eythrope is a working garden, paths are rough and some historic glasshouses have steps, we don’t recommend it for wheelchair users.
- This is an outdoor tour, please come prepared for all weather as you will be outside for the duration of the tour. Please wear appropriate footwear for muddy and uneven ground.
- The bus will depart promptly at 1.15pm, please arrive in good time for the bus as latecomers cannot be admitted.
- At the end of your tour you will be taken by bus to the Waddesdon’s grounds, where you can enjoy your afternoon tea at the Manor Restaurant.
- Visitors may enjoy the grounds and gardens at the Manor until 5pm.
- Please retain your ticket in order to have free use of the shuttle bus back to the car park after visiting the Manor grounds