Accessibility at Christmas
Christmas is a magical time at Waddesdon. Here are a few visiting tips to help you get around during our Christmas opening. Accompanying Carers receive free entry.
For any additional support for your visit please email [email protected] or call is on 01296 820414.
• Car park – we have a free visitor car park with designated Blue Badge spaces
• Toilets – there are toilets, including an accessible toilet at the Welcome Pavilion, Manor and Stables. The Changing Places accessible toilet within the Manor is available for those who need it. Please ask a member of shop staff to assist you with access
• Shuttle bus – Blue Badge holders and their carers will not be charged for shuttle bus tickets. Tickets must be pre-booked along with Grounds admission in advance of visiting
• Pathway to the Manor – the lit woodchip pathway from the car park is not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs due to the lose surface
• Wheelchairs – available to borrow on a first come first served basis, these cannot be reserved
• Steep paths – you’ll find steep and uneven paths on the way to the Stables and down to the Dairy. The boardwalk through the Woodland Playground and the path from the Powerhouse to the Stables are steep in places so may be unsuitable for some mobility requirements. We advise you use our shuttle bus from the fountain to the Stables. If possible bring a torch as some paths have limited lighting
• Shelter & outside seating – you can find warm covered seating in the Stables courtyard and there are benches around the grounds. Parallels light installation offers indoor shelter in the Coach House Gallery, but this area may be busy at times
• Assistance dogs – are welcomed in the grounds, shops and on shuttle buses
• Light trails – the Winter Light trail around the Pleasure Grounds is almost all on flat and tarmac surfaces. The When You Wish Upon a Star trail down Miss Alice’s Drive between the Woodland Café and the Stables has an unfinished surface and steep gradients which may be challenging in wet conditions and unsuitable for all mobility requirements