Accessibility at Christmas
Christmas is a magical time at Waddesdon. Here are a few visiting tips to help you get around during our Christmas opening. Accompanying Carers receive free entry.
For any additional support for your visit please email [email protected] or call is on 01296 820414.
For full accessibility details please see our downloadable guides below.
- car park – we have a 1,000 space visitor car park with designated family, Blue Badge Holders, and also ‘limited mobility’ spaces. We advise visitors to consider car sharing. Remember to make a note of where you park
- toilet facilities – there are toilet facilities, including an accessible toilet at the Welcome Pavilion
- shuttle bus – there is a regular free shuttle bus service which is fully accessible and has spaces for up to five unfolded pushchairs.
- bicycles – under fives can bring small bicycles into the grounds but please keep to the pathways
- pathway to the Manor – the lit woodchip pathway which takes you from the car park is not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs due to the surface
- toilet facilities – toilets are located at both the Manor and Stables
- changing places facility – located at the Manor, accessed through the shop
- large bags – if you’re visiting the House, all large bags must be left at Visitor Information located near the Manor entrance, where it will be tagged and available to collect at the end of your house visit
- baby-changing & feeding – there are baby-changing and feeding facilities at the Manor and the Stables
- prams & pushchairs are not allowed in the house. Front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats are available at the House entrance free of charge
- seated areas – there are chairs available in most rooms. Please ask a member of staff to point them out if needed. Some walkways are quite narrow. To avoid congestion we don’t allow carry chairs or seat sticks to be used inside the house
- North Fountain to the Manor – if you need assistance between these locations, please ask a member of staff who will be able to assist you
- winter light trail – please be aware of flashing coloured lights across the grounds
- steep paths – you’ll find steep and uneven paths on the way to the Stables and down to the Dairy. The boardwalk through the Woodland Playground and the path from the Powerhouse to the Stables are steep in places so may be unsuitable for some mobility requirements. We advise you use our shuttle bus from the fountain to the Stables. If possible bring a torch as some paths have limited lighting
- shelter & outside seating – you can find warm covered seating in the Wigwam café. Stables courtyard has additional covered outdoor Light in Motion also offers inside shelter inside the Coach House Gallery.
- assistance dogs – are welcomed in the grounds, house, shops, catering outlets and on shuttle buses