Eythrope Walled Garden Tour
Every Wed from 3 June to 14 Oct 2020
Morning: Arrive by 10.15am at Waddesdon Manor car park for 10.30am when bus departs for the garden
Afternoon: Arrive by 1.15pm for 1.30pm bus
Whether a home gardener looking for inspiration, a garden historian searching out old traditions, or a professional hoping to learn new tricks, a visit to the private Rothschild walled garden at Eythrope will intrigue, inform and inspire.
The walled garden at Eythrope is a productive garden, supplying vegetables, fruit, herbs and cut flowers for the Rothschild family as well as Waddesdon’s restaurants, hotel and artisan food market. A working garden on this scale is rare in the 21st century and Eythrope is legendary in the garden world for the excellence of the gardening and as a haven for traditional techniques that might otherwise be lost.
Discover the four-acre walled garden, glasshouses and orchard at Eythrope. Visits to this private garden are by guided tour only. Tours lasting approximately 90 minutes, take place on Wednesdays, 10.30am-2pm and 1.30-5pm, from June to September and include an Eythrope-inspired meal in Waddesdon Manor’s Restaurant. This will take the form of Waddesdon’s popular two-course afternoon tea, with a savoury selection plate followed by cakes and pastries made in our kitchens.
While at Eythrope, there will be an opportunity to purchase locally-pressed apple juice from the Eythrope orchard, and copies of Paradise and Plenty, Lady Mary Keen’s companion guide to the garden, lavishly illustrated with photographs by Tom Hatton.
- Visitors must arrive at Waddesdon Manor car park at least 15 minutes before our bus leaves for Eythrope.
- There are toilet facilities at the Welcome Pavilion.
- The buses depart promptly at 10.30am and 1.30pm.
- Please arrive in good time for the bus as latecomers cannot be admitted.
- Tickets £50, all bookings are for adults only and must be made in advance.
- There are some steps and uneven surfaces at Eythrope.
- Due to its remote location all visitors will be transported to Eythrope from Waddesdon Manor car park by our free shuttle bus, this has a drop step and capacity for two wheelchairs.
- At the end of your tour of the garden you will be transported to Waddesdon’s Manor Restaurant for afternoon tea, from there you will be able to use Waddesdon’s regular shuttle bus to return to the car park (last bus 5.30pm).
- Visitors who wish will be able to visit the grounds and gardens at the Manor on the day (open 10am-5pm), but will need to purchase additional tickets for a visit to the House.