Eythrope Walled Garden Tour
Every Wed from 26 May to 13 Oct
Shuttle bus to Eythrope from visitor car park
Morning: Arrive 10-10.15am for 10.30am prompt departure
Afternoon: Arrive 1-1.15pm for 1.30pm prompt departure
Whether a home gardener looking for inspiration, a garden historian searching out old traditions, or a professional hoping to learn new tricks, a visit to the private Rothschild walled garden at Eythrope will intrigue, inform and inspire.
The walled garden at Eythrope is a productive garden, supplying vegetables, fruit, herbs and cut flowers for the Rothschild family as well as Waddesdon’s restaurants, hotel and artisan food market. A working garden on this scale is rare in the 21st century and Eythrope is legendary in the garden world for the excellence of the gardening and as a haven for traditional techniques that might otherwise be lost.
Discover the four-acre walled garden, glasshouses and orchard at Eythrope. Visits to this private garden are by guided tour only. Tours lasting approximately 90 minutes, take place on Wednesdays from May to October and a light meal with savoury and sweet elements inspired by the seasonal produce from Eythrope and created by the Manor Restaurant’s in-house chefs.
While at Eythrope, there will be an opportunity to purchase locally-pressed apple juice from the Eythrope orchard, and copies of Paradise and Plenty, Lady Mary Keen’s companion guide to the garden, lavishly illustrated with photographs by Tom Hatton.
- Tickets £50, all bookings are for adults only
- There are some steps and uneven surfaces at Eythrope
- This is an outdoor tour, please come prepared for all weather
- Due to its remote location all visitors will be transported to Eythrope from Waddesdon Manor car park by shuttle bus, this has a drop step and capacity for two wheelchairs
- The buses depart promptly at 10.30am and 1.30pm
- Visitors must arrive at Waddesdon visitor car park at least 15 minutes before our bus leaves for Eythrope to have tickets scanned
- There are toilet facilities at the Welcome Pavilion in the car park
- Please arrive in good time for the bus as latecomers cannot be admitted
- At the end of your tour of the garden you will be transported to Waddesdon’s Manor Restaurant for lunch or afternoon tea
- Visitors may enjoy the grounds and gardens at the Manor until 5pm, but will need to purchase additional tickets for a visit to the House
- Please retain your ticket in order to have free use of the shuttle bus back to the car park (last bus 5.30pm)