Delivery & returns
Choose a category
Delivery information and charges
UK standard delivery rates
Flat shipping rate England, Scotland, Wales, is £6.50 per order.
For deliveries to the Republic of Ireland (ROI), Northern Ireland, and the Channel Islands please check our Europe Delivery Rates. Please note we cannot deliver to PO Box numbers.
Europe delivery rates and rest of world delivery rates
Flat Europe shipping rate is £27.95 for books only.
We ship wine to Europe or the Rest of the World by special arrangement only. If you would like to contact us for a bespoke quote, please call 01296 653238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Heavy, bulky or large item deliveries
In the majority of cases, heavy, bulky or large items incur the delivery charges outlined above. Please note that for particularly heavy or multiple items, delivery charges may vary due to the nature of the extra postage and packing that is required. Where this applies, it will be clearly flagged in the product description and when the item is added to your basket.
Our returns policy
Our no quibble 30-day returns guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of the date you received the item, unopened (with any seals, corks, screwcaps and shrink-wrap intact) and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Distance selling regulations
By law, customers located in the European Union have the right to withdraw from the contract to purchase an item within fourteen working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. Simply return the item to us securely including the delivery note, your order number and your name.
To ensure the safe return of your items and the correct allocation of the items against your account at our fulfilment centre, please follow the guidelines below:
- Email or telephone us in the first instance
- Include a copy of delivery note if you return any items that you have purchased from the Waddesdon Online Shop
- Indicate why you are returning the item
- If you no longer have the delivery note, please include a piece of paper with the name of the person who ordered the items, their email address, the order number and the reason for the return
- Ensure that any items to be sent back are returned securely. Waddesdon Online Shop cannot be held liable for returned items which do not reach us
How refunds are calculated
Items returned because they are damaged, defective or incorrect
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or, in accordance with our returns policy, because it is damaged or defective, we will refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and pay your costs of returning it to us by refunding your return postage costs.
Items returned under the 30-day returns guarantee
If there has been no error on our part, under our returns policy we will refund only the cost of the item. We will not refund the cost of delivery or return postage.
Return a damaged, defective or incorrect item
If the item was damaged in transit
- If you take delivery of a Waddesdon Online Shop package and the contents have been damaged in transit, please contact us via telephone or email in the first instance. You will then be asked return the item(s) to us within 30 days of receipt for exchange.
If the item is defective
- You have the right to return a faulty item within a reasonable period of time. Please keep any warranty information that accompanies your item as this may be needed should there be a fault.
If we sent you an item you did not order (an ‘incorrect’ item)
As soon as you find out we’ve sent you an incorrect item, please contact us via telephone or email in the first instance. You will them be asked to send the incorrect item back to us to ensure you are refunded for it or a replacement is sent.
Waddesdon Online Shop Returns
Telephone Number 01296 653238