Treasure Island with Quantum Theatre
Sat 21 Aug 2021
Gates open 6.15pm. Performance starts 7pm. Performance ends 8.45pm.Grounds
It’s pirate ships, pieces of eight and salty old sea dogs for Summer 2021 in Quantum Theatre’s swashbuckling new adaptation of the classic pirate adventure, Treasure Island.
From the moment young Jim Hawkins stumbles upon a treasure map at the Admiral Benbow Inn he finds himself embroiled in the murky underworld of pirates – and soon he is on the high seas in search of the pirate hoard. But once aboard the Hispaniola, Jim becomes only too aware that he is not the only one who knows of the map’s existence.
Bursting with buccaneers, brouhaha and dastardly double dealings Michael Whitmore’s lively new adaptation delivers an action-packed adventure for the whole family.
Bring a chair and a picnic, and enjoy watching Jim battle with pirates in the gardens at Waddesdon. Book early to avoid missing out.
6.15pm – car park opens
7pm – performance begins
7.45pm – 15 min interval
8.45pm – performance ends
Important things to know
- car park and shuttle buses run from 6-7pm and do not run during performances. If you need to get back to the car park during the performance please speak to a member of staff at the North Fountain. Buses will be available at the end of the evening to take you back to the car park. There is no lit pathway back to the car park. There will be a call for the last bus
- refreshments will be available during the interval
- please remember this is an outdoor event in the middle of the Great British summer, so please bring appropriate clothing
- you are welcome to bring chairs or picnic blankets as seating is not provided
- please do not bring gazebos as these block the view of the performance area
- except for wine bottles, glassware is not allowed
- strictly no fires please