The War of the Worlds
Fri 5 August
5.30pm gates openGrounds
The critically-acclaimed Pantaloons invade the stage in this funny yet faithful new adaptation.
“No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s…”
…And fewer would have believed in the first years of the twenty-first century that H. G. Wells’ science-fiction classic would be performed live by just four actors with intelligences lesser than average…
The critically-acclaimed Pantaloons invade the stage in this funny yet faithful new adaptation as they use musical instruments, puppetry and, um, enthusiasm to recreate deadly heat-rays, giant fighting-machines, squidgy tentacled Martians and interplanetary warfare on an epic scale. The chances of success? A million to one…
So why not pack a picnic, bring a blanket and come along for an evening of outdoor fun, excitement and adventure?
“A breathless, unmissable parody… outstanding” FRINGE REVIEW
“Exhaustingly ridiculous energy… irreverent yet affectionate” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ THE LATEST
“A jovial, convivial comedy, which still shows respect for the story” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ FRINGE GURU
“Incredibly funny… It doesn’t sound like it should work, but it really does.” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ BROADWAY BABY
5.30pm – car park, gates and catering open
6.30pm – performance begins and catering closes (includes 20 minute interval)
8.30pm – performance ends
Local deli boards
Order your Local Deli Board, to pick up when you reach the Manor. Suitable for two people sharing, your board will include a selection of local, British cheeses and charcuteries served with breads, crackers, olives and pickles, plus a homemade sweet treat dessert pot.
Book online with your tickets
Important things to know
- shuttle buses begin when the car park opens and will stop running during the performance. If you need to return to the car park during the performance, please speak to a member of staff at the North Fountain.
- shuttle buses return to the car park at the end of the performance. There will be a call for the last bus. There is no lit pathway back to the car park.
- light refreshments will be available
- please remember this is an outdoor event in the middle of the Great British summer, so please bring appropriate warm clothing
- you are welcome to bring chairs or picnic blankets as seating is not provided
- please do not bring gazebos as these block the view of the performance area
- except for wine bottles, glassware is not allowed
- strictly no fires