The Lord Chamberlain's Men - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Sat 20 July 2019
Gates open at 6.30pm. Performance at 7.30pmGrounds
The Lord Chamberlain’s Men, the UK’s premier all male theatre company, invite you to join them this summer to celebrate their 15th year with Shakespeare’s enchanting comedy A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
To honour Duke Theseus’ wedding, a group of rustic artisans, and would-be thespians, rehearse a play. Meanwhile, feuding lovers flee the city and seek solace in an enchanted forest alive with warring fairies and the meddling sprite Puck. As the clash between the fairy king and queen, Oberon and Titania, catches everyone in its cross-fire, confusion abounds and makes asses of them all.
This supernatural comedy of mischievous fairies, confused lovers and rude mechanicals is an intoxicating tale of clarity found from chaos as tangled love gives way to happily ever afters.
Bring a chair and a picnic, and enjoy a glorious summer’s evening watching one of Shakespeare’s best-loved comedies. Performed in the open air, by an all male cast with Elizabethan costumes, music and dance. This is undoubtedly one of the hottest tickets of the summer; book early to avoid missing out!
6.30pm – car park opens and shuttle bus takes you to the Manor
7.30pm – performance starts
9.30pm – performance finishes
There will be a short interval of 15 minutes.
Important things to know
- The performance will be held outdoors on the lawn in front of the Manor. Seating is not provided, please bring something to sit on and come dressed for the weather.
- Please bring a torch with you, although the pathways are lit the seating area can be a bit dark at the end of the evening.
- For everyone’s enjoyment gazebos are not permitted.
- No glass please (wine bottles are permitted, however we ask that all drinking vessels and containers are not made of glass).
- If you wish to leave the performance early, please notify a member of staff who will organise a shuttle bus to return you to the car park.