The Lord Chamberlain's Men - Macbeth
Thur 24 June 2021
6pm car park, shuttle buses and gates open. 7pm performance starts. 9pm performance ends.Grounds
The Lord Chamberlain’s Men, the UK’s premier all male theatre company – with direct links to the history of William Shakespeare – invite you to join them this summer for the breathless and brilliant tragedy, Macbeth.
“By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes”
Emerging victorious and decorated in war Macbeth receives a thrilling pronouncement from three weird sisters who prophesy he will one day be King of Scotland. Overcome by ambition and driven on by his powerful wife, Macbeth murders the king and sets in motion a terrible sequence of events from which there is no turning back.
A play of supernatural magic, vaulting ambition and an examination of the dreadful consequences of the insatiable lust for power. With Shakespeare’s most chilling power couple and truly stirring poetry, this stunning play will keep you gripped.
Bring a chair and a picnic, and prepare to be entertained and transported watching Shakespeare as he first saw it performed; in the open air, by an all-male cast with Elizabeth costumes, music and dance.
6pm – car park opens
7pm – performance begins
9pm – performance finishes
Local Deli Board
Order your Local Deli Board, to pick up when you reach the Manor. Suitable for two people sharing, your board will include a selection of local, British cheeses and charcuteries served with breads, crackers, olives and pickles, plus a homemade sweet treat dessert pot.
Book online with your tickets
Important things to know
- shuttle buses begin when the car park opens and will stop running during the performance. If you need to return to the car park during the performance, please speak to a member of staff at the North Fountain.
- shuttle buses return to the car park at the end of the performance. There will be a call for the last bus. There is no lit pathway back to the car park.
- light refreshments will be available
- please remember this is an outdoor event in the middle of the Great British summer, so please bring appropriate warm clothing
- you are welcome to bring chairs or picnic blankets as seating is not provided
- please do not bring gazebos as these block the view of the performance area
- except for wine bottles, glassware is not allowed
- strictly no fires