The Lord Chamberlain's Men - Macbeth
Sat 18 July 2020
6pm gates open. 7pm performance starts. 9pm performance ends.Grounds
The Lord Chamberlain’s Men, the UK’s premier all male theatre company – with direct links to the history of William Shakespeare – invite you to join them this summer for the breathless and brilliant tragedy, Macbeth.
In light of the Government’s latest advice The Lord Chamberlain’s Men have taken the difficult decision to postpone the tour of this performance until 2021.
“By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes”
Emerging victorious and decorated in war Macbeth receives a thrilling pronouncement from three weird sisters who prophesy he will one day be King of Scotland. Overcome by ambition and driven on by his powerful wife, Macbeth murders the king and sets in motion a terrible sequence of events from which there is no turning back.
A play of supernatural magic, vaulting ambition and an examination of the dreadful consequences of the insatiable lust for power. With Shakespeare’s most chilling power couple and truly stirring poetry this stunning play will keep you gripped.
Bring a chair and a picnic, and prepare to be entertained and transported watching Shakespeare as he first saw it performed; in the open air, by an all male cast with Elizabeth costumes, music and dance. Follow last year’s sell-out smash please do book early to avoid missing out!
6pm – car park opens
7pm – performance begins
8pm – 15 min interval
9pm – performance finishes
Important things to know
- shuttle buses begin when the car park opens and will stop running during the performance. If you need to return to the car park during the performance, please speak to a member of staff at the North Fountain. Shuttle buses will be available at the end of the evening
- refreshments will be available during the interval
- please remember this is an outdoor event in the middle of the Great British summer, so please bring appropriate clothing
- you are welcome to bring chairs or picnic blankets as seating is not provided
- please do not bring gazebos as these block the view of the performance area
- except for wine bottles, glassware is not allowed
- strictly no fires please