The Lord Chamberlain's Men - Comedy of Errors
Sat 22 July 2017
Gates open at 6.30pm. Performance at 7.30pmGrounds
The UK’s premier all male theatre company invite you to join them this summer for Shakespeare’s most hilarious farce, The Comedy of Errors.
This fantastical comedy follows two pairs of identical twins, Antipholus of Syracuse and Antipholus of Ephesus, and their servants, both named Dromio. When they were babies, the twins and their parents were separated in a shipwreck; now, years later, as one half of the twins search for the other they unwittingly find themselves in the same city on the same day.
A magical and comically entwined tale of mistaken identity follows merchants, masters, parents, servants and a long-suffering wife as it plays itself out over the course of one hectic day. This riotous rollercaster of a comedy will keep you guessing and laughing until its joyous conlusion.
Bring a chair and a picnic and spend a glorious summer’s evening watching this funny, magical and fast-paced production of one of Shakespeare’s best comedies. Performed in the open air, by an all male cast with Elizabethan costumes, music and dance. This is undoubtedly one of the hottest tickets of the summer; book early to avoid missing out.
6.30pm – car park opens and shuttle bus takes you to the Manor
7.30pm – performance starts
8.35pm – 15 minute interval
10pm – performance finishes
Important things to know
- The performance will be held outdoors on the lawn in front of the Manor. Seating is not provided, please bring something to sit on and come dressed for the weather.
- Please bring a torch with you, although the pathways are lit the seating area can be a bit dark at the end of the evening.
- For everyone’s enjoyment gazebos are not permitted.
- No glass please (wine bottles are permitted, however we ask that all drinking vessels and containers are not made of glass).
- If you wish to leave the performance early, please notify a member of staff who will organise a shuttle bus to return you to the car park.