Gardening with Tropical Plants
Sat 19 Sept 2020
10.30am-12noon & 1.30pm-3pmGrounds
Join a member of the Waddesdon gardening team in this 90 minute workshop and walk with a focus on tropical plants.
Waddesdon was once famous for its flamboyant and bold Victorian glasshouse called Top Glass, where visitors could rub shoulders with tropical plants from all over the world. Although this great glasshouse is no longer here, the gardens team are now starting to use hardy tropical foliage plants and tropical looking plants widely across the garden.
This workshop and walk covers, planting and designing with tropicals, as well as how to care for them, including overwintering and propagation. It is a, fact filled and hands on workshop which uncovers how we go about creating and caring for these gardening delights, and how to create your own little piece of Waddesdon Tropicana in your own home.
You will receive a number of tropical give-aways from the collection at Waddesdon.
10% discount in the Manor Restaurant or Stables Café on the day.
Important things to know:
- this short workshop is based outside but undercover
- all equipment, bedding plants and containers will be supplied
- please wear suitable clothing and footwear for working and walking outdoors
- this event is not suitable for children
- meet at the North Fountain 10 minutes prior to the workshop