Autumn Trees Walk and Afternoon Tea
Sun 18 Oct 2020
Take a look at Waddesdon’s tremendous trees in their autumn colours on this walk guided by our Head Gardener, Mike Buffin. The walk will be followed by afternoon tea in the historic Manor Restaurant.
Do you love misty mornings and the tantalising smell of wood smoke as dusk begins to fall? Join us for a guided walk through the spectacular hidden corners of the gardens and experience the full beauty and colour range of Waddesdon in autumn.
The tour will be led by Waddesdon’s Gardens Manager, Mike Buffin; author of books such as The Complete Guide to Planting and Growing Trees and The Illustrated Guide to Garden Trees. After the walk, share images and stories of the day whilst enjoying afternoon tea. A perfect way to celebrate this wonderful time of the year.
- please park in the visitor car park where a shuttle bus will take you up to the Manor
- please wrap up warm and wear sensible footwear
- aim for a 2pm arrival at the North Fountain
Sample Afternoon Tea Menu
Selection of Savouries
- Pumpkin and blue cheese tartlet
- Spinach and goats cheese tartlet
- Pork and chicken terrine with apple chutney
- Egg mayonnaise and smoked salmon slider
- Smoked sea trout with chive crème fraiche
- Smoked chicken and aioli slider
Selection of Pastries
- Lemon posset, blackberry compote, toasted seeds
- Apple crumble macaron
- Pistachio & cherry opera cake
- Mini carrot cake
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear tartlet
- Mini scone with strawberry jam, clotted cream