Gold Medal Winners (six bottle case)
These six wines represent broad variations both stylistically and in terms of origin. Yet there is one common trait that links the six…they have all won Gold Medals at various competitions globally.
Whether it be the rare Coleccion Blanc through to the juicy Cote du Rhone from Domaine Aubert, this case boasts a wealth of gold medals and offers superlative quality from start to finish. The case contains a rosé, two whites and three red wines. Please see below for more details on these fabulous award winning wines!
This stunning case of wines contains one bottle of each of the following wines;
- Coleccion Blanc 2018, a gold medal winner at Vinales in Paris in 2019. Less than 2,750 bottles of this rich and complex wine were produced. Coleccion blanc offers a dazzling nose of lime blossom, apricots, honeyed peach, mineral notes and cream. The texture is tremendous; rich and weighty with piercing acidity that cleans the palate beautifully.
- Cote du Rhone Aubert 2019 – a gold medal winner in Paris in 2020. This juicy and rich Grenache blend offers bags of ripe fruit and subtle spice.
- Juliet Riesling 2020 – off dry, but with razor sharp acidity that mops up the apricot and lemon fruit. It’s zesty and mineral driven with lemon meringue on the finish. It’s fashionable yet nonsensical to disregard Riesling. If you discount this wine you are missing out on something very special indeed. A gold medal winner at the NZ wine awards.
- Coleccion Carignan 2015 – less than 380 cases made annually, and gold medal winner at CWSA in 2018. This Carignan blend derives from 120 year old vines in Maule valley. Rich, deep, complex and full bodied. This is a sensational wine boasting balance, power, intensity and complexity.
- Cavalcade Rouge 2016 – A gold medal winner in Paris in 2018. This Rhone blend offers oodles of super rich black fruit with peppery spice, gamey nuances and cigar box.
Deep and alluring with lots of maturity and a delicious dollop of sweet black fruit.
- Isle of Beauty rosé 2019 – This is New Zealand’s most decorated rosé and a gold medal winner at the NZ wine awards. This is rosé with incredible levels of complexity and elegance. Strawberry meets wild mint finishing on rock salt and cranberry. It’s dry with invigorating freshness and red fruit. This is one of, or quite possibly the best rose we’ve ever tasted.
12.5% & 14%
natural cork and screwcap
6 x 75cl
|Exclusive to Waddesdon|
Chile, France, NZ
Just before serving
You may also like…
Marvellous Malbec (Six Bottle Case) Mendoza, Argentina
£111.70Buy Aguaribay 2017 The nose offers ripe blackberry with chocolate shavings and black pepper. The palate is rich and fruit forward with bags of creamy cassis, blackberry, spice, and black tea on the finish. This approachable style of Malbec shows very well straight from the bottle with supple tannins and a juicy core of fruit. Aruma 2018 This fruit-filled and elegant Malbec delivers consistency and quality with every sip. The nose hints at violets, plum and cocoa and the palate is silky and juicy with layers of ripe black fruit. A great Malbec at a great price. What’s not to love here? Gran Malbec 2013 This is an inky and incredibly intense Malbec, characters which are evident on both the palate and nose. After aeration the nose reveals notes of blackberry liqueur, roasted coffee, vanilla, crushed flowers and minerals. The tannins are sweet yet fairly prominent, so it is advised that you give this wine an hour or two in a decanter and serve with a protein rich dish. The fruit on the palate is incredibly dense and concentrated. This is serious Malbec that demands your attention. As full bodied yet soft as you could imagine a wine to be.
Baron Philippe Tasting case (Six Bottle Case)
£59.70Buy This tasting selection case comprises of six single varietal wines originating from Baron Philippe's project in the south of France. In the way of white wines, there's a fresh zippy Sauvignon Blanc and a nutty Viognier packed with stone fruits. The red wines that accommodate a lighter style, are represented by an elegant and fruit-forward Pinot Noir and a plush supple Merlot. To provide the case with some balance, we have included two wines with a bit more weight and power; a gorgeously rounded and juicy Cabernet and a peppery Syrah with bags of ripe black fruit. A diverse and an affordable case at less than £50, a perfect way to brighten up these gloomy months!
Baron Philippe Viognier & Syrah (Mixed Six Bottle Case)
£59.70Buy Baron Philippe Viognier Our best selling white wine of 2019! This reliable and characterful Viognier possesses a pretty nose of apricot, citrus and white peach mingled with a subtle floral character. The palate has rich stone fruit, alongside a subtle almond character. This vintage has weight and texture whilst remaining clean and fresh. All of the wines in this range are matured in stainless steel which enables the retention of fresh juicy fruit without the presence of oak. A crowd pleaser with true varietal character. Baron Philippe Syrah This wine is fairly powerful and rich, but well balanced and not overpowering. The abundance of dark fruit is accompanied by subtle black pepper. The finish is fresh and ripe. This particular wine is widely acknowledged as being the best red wine in this particular range.