Whether you're a keen gardener, a food & wine lover or just want a relaxing day out with the family we've chosen a few things you might want to enjoy when you visit. Take a look at our helpful itineraries below.
For the food & wine lover
Good food and wine await you. Indulge your senses and treat yourself, or learn how to taste wine and new cooking skills in the kitchen.
During your day you can:
For the garden/outdoor lover
From amazing views across the Vale of Aylesbury to intricate bedding displays and wild flowers, we’ve plenty for you to see and experience in our gardens.
You’ll see and enjoy:
For the art enthusiast
Waddesdon is an art lover’s paradise. The most complete surviving example of the Rothschild style open to the public. With interiors inspired by 18th century France, we’ve 18th century decorative arts sitting alongside British, Dutch and French paintings.
- Sèvres porcelain – a famous collection of porcelain
- Furniture – pieces made for Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI
- Paintings – masterpieces by Reynolds, Gainsborough and Boucher
- Textiles – tapestries and Savonnerie carpets
- Arms and armour – ornate decorative swords, daggers and firearms
- Windmill hill – home to the Rothschild family archive
- Modern and contemporary art – exciting contemporary pieces
- Discovery talk – free with grounds ticket
- Sculpture – works in the house and gardens
From our Woodland Playground cut into the side of a hill where you can also hunt for bugs or build a den, to family events at weekends and during school holidays.
You can enjoy:
- Woodland playground – included in your grounds ticket
- National Trust 50 things – pick up a free leaflet at the Welcome Pavilion
- Aviary – learn about our work as a registered zoo
- Mimi’s passport – pick up your 2017 Mimi passport at the Welcome Pavilion or Visitor Information
- Behind-the-scenes tours for kids – discover the secrets behind Waddesdon
- Rockwork online trail – take an online walk with our interactive trail
- Family events