Rothschild Foundation launches new grants programme to help local communities
The Rothschild Foundation has launched a new grants programme to help local communities recover from the impacts of the pandemic.
The ‘Community Fund’ is focused specifically on helping Buckinghamshire communities and organisations, and aims to support organisations that combat disadvantage and inequality, including those that offer resources to address homelessness, financial hardship, social welfare, physical and learning disabilities, mental health and other areas.
Leona Forsyth, interim Head of Grants at the Rothschild Foundation, said, ‘We’re excited to launch The Community Fund, as we know it will provide crucial support to some of the wonderful organisations that are helping communities in Buckinghamshire recover after an incredibly difficult 18 months. We hope the Community Fund will help build on local assets and encourage collaboration between local organisations, charities and groups, to ensure the greatest outcome for Buckinghamshire residents.’
• Applications open from 19 July 2021.
• Applications are welcomed from organisations addressing homelessness, financial hardship, social welfare, physical and learning disabilities, mental health, and other areas not addressed through the Foundation’s Strategic funding for young people, sustainable food and farming, and culture.
• Grants of up to £10,000 per year for three years are available.
• Funding is prioritised for Buckinghamshire-based organisations, and organisations delivering a significant proportion of their operation in the county.
• Priority will be given to small and medium-sized organisations with an income of under £1 million annually.
• Funding is available for projects, organisational core costs and some capital expenditure.
• Applications should be submitted using the online application form on the Rothschild Foundation website.