Golden Mede is a new high-quality housing development in Waddesdon comprising seventy five new homes, devised and managed by the Rothschild Foundation with architects C.F. Møller.
The Rothschild Family have been a part of Waddesdon life for 150 years and have an ongoing commitment to its healthy and prosperous future. Golden Mede is therefore rooted in the past but firming looking to the future.
The scheme aims to deliver:
- Architectural excellence inspired by the best in Scandinavian design but shaped in the spirit of Waddesdon.
- Longevity for the homes and landscaping that are fit for purpose and will stand the test of time.
- A sense of place created both within the development and integrated into the wider Waddesdon community.
- A commitment to the environment through building performance that goes beyond current regulations.
- A minimum of 16 affordable homes managed through our partner housing association.
The project will be delivered in three phases: the first is the eastern side of the Golden Mede site, which will be followed by the western side, and then phase three on the Warmstone Lane site.
Planning permission was granted in November 2015 and work began onsite in February 2017. It is anticipated that the first houses will be completed by March 2018 and the entire scheme, including landscaping is due to be finished by October 2019.
Throughout construction the Rothschild Foundation will continue to liaise with the Parish Council and keep residents informed and is happy to respond to queries by email to [email protected] or telephone on 01296 658 058.