We’ve lots to keep you and the family entertained during your visit. From our Woodland Playground cut into the side of a hill where you can also hunt for bugs or build a den, to events at weekends and during school holidays.
Summer holidays with Mimi
Come and join us for the school holiday this summer and have a fun five weeks with Mimi. If you’re a member of Mimi’s club, don’t forget to bring along your special lanyard and claim your badge. Wed 1 – Fri 31 Aug, 10am-4pm, Wed-Sun.
The Powerhouse is a heated indoor space where you can warm up, take your hot drinks and sit inside. Also perfect if you need to feed a young baby or take children out of the cold. Opposite the Manor shop courtyard.
Our playground winds through the trees, making the most of the natural environment. Little ones can play safely at the bottom of the hill, on seesaws, swings and soft bark. At the top is our bird’s nest swing, for those who want a more gentle play. Older children can whizz down our giant contour slide or clamber over the climbing frames. Access included in your grounds ticket.
Outdoor adventures: 50 things
Join the National Trust’s outdoor challenge and complete 50 different activities across lots of properties. Pick up a free 50 things leaflet from our Welcome Pavilion and start ticking off your adventures. At Waddesdon you can do No.4 build a den, No.31 hunt for bugs, No.6 run around in the rain, No.12 make a trail with sticks, No.33 catch a falling leaf, No.34 track wild animals, and more.
Information for grown-ups
- we have a new grass path with plastic matting and additional woodchip which takes you to and from the car park. It can be muddy in places, and because of the surface it is not suitable for pushchairs, wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
- baby-changing and feeding facilities can be found at the Stables and Manor house
- bottle feeding is not permitted within the House due to the delicate nature of our textile collections. Please ask for details of our designated baby feeding facilities. Breast feeding is welcomed anywhere on site
- front-carrying baby slings and hip-carrying infant seats are available at the house entrance free of charge
- high-chairs are available at both the Stables Café and Manor Restaurant
- find a warm place to feed the baby and sit down in the Powerhouse by the Manor Shop
- you can also find warm covered seating in the Wigwam
- our shuttle buses have space for up to five unfolded pushchairs
- prams and pushchairs are not allowed in the house as the visitor route is narrow and they may inadvertantly cause damage. For safety reasons children may not be carried on your shoulders during your house visit
- under fives can bring small bicycles into the grounds but please keep to the pathways. These can be taken on our visitor shuttle buses
Rockwork online trail
Whether visiting in person or remotely you can now take an online walk around Waddesdon with our first interactive trail. Explore our Pulham rockwork with this new digital feature which allows you to select a map or list as a starting point to explore the grounds and gardens.
Where to eat
10am-5pm, Wed-Sun, 21 Mar – 28 Oct
Perfect for little ones and mums and dads, right next to the Woodland Playground, the Stables Café has an open courtyard with plenty of seating. Serving hot drinks, snacks, lunches and afternoon tea. The ideal place to refuel before your next playtime.